The ZXP Series 9 ID card printer is one of the most popular retransfer printer models by Zebra printers. It is ideal for mid to large-sized businesses that need to print highly secure and durable ID cards for their organization without having to compromise on the printing quality or speed. Zebra ZXP Series 9 can print around 180 full-color single-sided ID cards within an hour while delivering 300 dpi print quality.
The Zebra ZXP Series 9 offers edge-to-edge printing to give your ID cards the finish you want. It comes with smart card encoding and magnetic stripe encoding features as well. You can upgrade the ID card printer to dual-sided printing, 300 dpi print resolution, additional contact and contactless security features, and more as well. It also comes with FIPS 201 certification, making it a great choice for government organizations. Besides, you also get a 2-year limited warranty and lifetime printhead coverage with the printer.
Zebra ZXP Series 9 ID Card Printer Ribbons
Choosing the right supplies is very important to ensure that you always get high-quality output from your printer. Below are the printer ribbons that suit ZXP Series 9 ID card printer.
- Zebra 800012-601 Retransfer film: Zebra 800012-601 retransfer film prints up to 1250 images per roll. It can also be used with Zebra ZXP Series 8 single and dual-sided ID card printers.
- Zebra 800012-141 I Series YMC Ribbon: Zebra I Series YMC Ribbon comes with a full-color YMC color dye ribbon with no black panel. Ideal for single-sided printing but can be used on a dual-sided printer. This ribbon is not recommended for printing barcodes as it prints a composite black and 800 images per roll.
- Zebra 800012-901 I Series Black Monochrome Ribbon: The Zebra I Series Black Monochrome ribbon gives up to 2,500 prints per roll, making it ideal for black and white bulk printing needs.
- Zebra 800012-445 Color Ribbon 5 Panel YmCKK: Zebra 800012-445 color ribbon 5 panel is a full-color ribbon with black on the reverse that allows you to print crisp barcodes and texts. It can deliver up to 625 prints per roll. This ribbon is ideal for dual-sided printing but for full color on both sides of your ID card you should select a YMCK ribbon instead.
- Zebra 800012-543 I Series YMCUvK Fluorescent Ribbon: Zebra I Series YMCUvK Fluorescent film with UV panel on the reverse prints up to 500 images per roll, making it great for high-security ID card printing.
- Zebra 800012-942 I Series YMCKI Ribbon: Zebra I Series YMCKI ribbon delivers 500 prints per roll and comes with a full-color ribbon with black as well as an inhibitor panel. Inhibitor panels prevent the printer from printing on select areas of your card or badge such as a signature panel or foil.
Note that ZXP Series 9 dye-sublimation color ribbons can have up to 1 year of shelf life when stored under proper conditions. Printer ribbons that are not stored properly or are more than a year old should not be used with the ID card printer because they will not deliver good print quality but may even cause damage to the card as well.
You can find a select variety of Zebra Printers on our storefront: Zebra ID Card Printers
You can find the Zebra ZXP Series 9 ID Card Printer here: Zebra ZXP Series 9 ID Card Printer
You can also find supplies for your Zebra ZXP9 printer here: Zebra Printer Ribbons